Pages

Friday 12 September 2014

Snowball Quilt

I might be a little late in blogging about snow as we are well and truly into Spring now.  However, I couldn't resist the chance to showcase this finished snowball baby quilt that I had taken photos of but have not found the time to blog about it till now.  Also, I could not resist showing the quilt captured against the snow up at beautiful Lake Mountain for a day of cross country skiing.


I finished the top early in the year but due to school and work commitments, I haven't had time to quilt it until a few months back.  In addition, I was also tempted by making other quilts such as Under The Sea QuiltEconomy Baby Quilt and Flowering Snowball Quilt.


The quilt is composed of Bonnie and Camille 'Happy Go Lucky' fabric range.  I especially love this range because I have a love for the colour navy.  The colourway of red, orange, yellow and navy makes this quilt pop against the light greens that I had added from my stash.


I kept the quilt to a minimal with diagonal straight lines along the splay of the block.  I am happy the way it has turned out as I was having a hard time deciding how to quilt this without being too complicated.


I think by far, this is one of my favourite baby quilt.  Perhaps it is the colours that resonates with me or it could be the simplicity of the quilt showcasing the beautiful fabrics.  I am thinking of making a bigger size for myself some day.


Quilt Facts:
Finished size: 40.5" x 49.5"
Quilt top: "Happy go Lucky" by Bonnie and Camille in Mum in red, Jump in white and navy, Garden in White, Bloom in Orange and Yellow, Heather Bailey in Nicey Jane Hop Dot in Cream, Nicey Jane Church Flowers Green and Lottie Da in Vintage Rose in Lime, Small Gingham Green by Riley Blake Design and other remnants that I have on hand
Backing (not shown): Ready Set, Color! in Red and Orange Squiggles
Binding: Small Gingham in Orange by Riley Blake Design
Batting: 100% cotton
Machine quilted.

Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend

Jacqueline
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment