Pages

Friday 13 June 2014

Baby to Boy Quilt

It's been a while since I did any blog about my quilt world.  Unfortunately there wasn't much going on other than trying to juggle full time work and study for the first semester that had passed.  It was a big struggle but I made it through and have since started trimester two but with one less subject. This meant that I could spend some time making some quilts before the year ends.


During semester break, I had started on a commissioned quilt for a boy quilt.  I had made Matt a baby quilt when he was born and now that he is starting to grow into a young boy, his mother had commissioned me to make him a boy quilt.


As I have mentioned before, I find making quilt for a boy a struggle but this quilt has been fun to make.  I have yet to quilt the finishing quilt top but here is a sneak peak of what I am currently working on at the moment.


I am savoring every stitch and moment in the quilt making process.  I miss having the time to make and to explore design ideas.  However, there is a dim light at the end of the tunnel with my studies.  Soon I will have all the time in the world to indulge in it (until something else creeps into my life!)


If you want to continue seeing the progress of this quilt, you can find me on Instagram

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment